Thank you so much for your continued support. As mentioned in an earlier email, I wanted to revamp the blog templates of the blog posting service to improve the click through rate (CTR) of the blog entries.
Here is what we have done:
1) Use simple and uncluttered designs. – We have gotten rid of all templates with fanciful headers that look distractive and unprofessional.
2) Use visible blue links. – Links are converted to blue, underlined links to increase link visibility.
3) Use width 800 template. – Some templates are simply too large! Width 800 px looks just nice on a simple template.
4) All URLs remain SE friendly. – Permalinks will remain the same.
Screenshot preview of some of the blogs in the network: –
There are now a total of 7 live networks. The newest network is the Shopping and Fashion network.
You can check out the networks available at the blog network page.
The networks that are marked LIVE are ready for posting.
To start posting articles, purchase from the blog posting service registration page.
The plan for these blogs is to groom them into authority sites. Here is what I’ll do (or have been doing) to promote the sites.
- Article marketing.
- RSS syndication.
- Guest posting.
- Forum posting.
If you have bought distribution credits when the networks have been released, you should be enjoying the link benefits by now. You can check that your links are counted by the search engines via 1 of 2 methods.
Method 1: A quick search in the search engines will reveal the exact pages that your links are on. Please wait for the pages to be indexed. Search links are included in the dashboard. This can take anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks. When your article has been submitted to all the blogs, you will receive an email report with links to all your blog entries, so you know where your links are.
Method 2: Setup a Google Webmaster account (http://www.google.com/webmasters/). From the dashboard, you will be able to see a section named “Links to your site”. Click on the numeric figure and you will see a list of back links. You will notice that our blogs will show up
So now you know your links are counted.
But how do you know whether there is any value in those links?
Simple. I did a quick and simple test with one of the networks – the Internet Marketing network.
The blog posting service has a domain name that says blog content syndication. That is the primary keyword. I’m getting organic search traffic for terms that are related to “blog syndication” and “content syndication”.
To test out the blog network, I wanted to see if I can rank for a new keyword – a keyword that ranks nowhere in the search results. So I chose a related keyword – “blog posting service”.
I then added the secondary keyword phrase to the title of my homepage. I forgot to add the tags to my Meta tags though, but the results are interesting…stay with me.
Next, I wrote a 100% unique article and post it to all 11 blogs in the IM network, making sure that “blog posting service” is the anchor text for all my links.
A week later, my website showed up in Google (hooray!).
Is it receiving traffic? Sure!
Currently, it’s moving up and down between the 10 and 12 positions (page 1 and 2). I have no doubt that with more articles and links, it will eventually move up the search rankings.
So I did a premium article submission. On the first page of the search results, you will notice that one of the articles is written by me. Hopefully, the site will do better in the coming weeks.
I later got a pleasant surprise when I saw that one of the IM blogs started to rank for the keyword as well! It’s on page 2 of the search results though, but I’m happy.
15% of the blogs have acquired page rank. But note that many marketers have mentioned that Page Rank has got nothing to do with search rankings. I observe the search results carefully and find that to be true. It’s more important to implement on-site and off-site SEO properly and to upkeep the quality of the site. Your site may have a page rank zero but still ranks well in the search engines. Having said that, we expect all clients to post quality articles to the blogs. To groom them into authority sites, these blogs should contain expert articles that are human written and unique.
That’s all I have to say about the blog post service for now. Hope you find the content useful.
Before I sign off, I would like to take this opportunity to give you an update on what I have in store for you.
Upcoming in the next few weeks.
1) Backstage tour – I have been working on a blog post about what happens on the backend once you have approved the article for distribution. The blog post will be on a password protected page, and the password will be emailed to you. So look out for it in your Inbox.
But note that the backstage tour is ONLY for existing customers of the article submission service that we run. If you are not a customer yet, do try out one of our article submission plans as soon as possible.
2) I worked with Tim Owen on an SEO copy writing report, and I want to give it away to you for free. The release date is 27th Nov. There is nothing to sign up. It’s a PDF direct download. The report has been completed. Tim even created the audio version of the report. However, the audio version is for sale. BUT BUT BUT, it’s going to be at a crazy price (I promise).
3) Christmas is just round the corner. You don’t think I would forget that would you? I have plans to send you some free gifts…don’t want to reveal too much at the moment, so I’ll leave it at that.
This is Darren Chow, signing off.
Have a great week ahead!